25 June 2012

DMA 8M Public Comment on CAP-I/DD 257

Note: Below is a Public Comment submitted to DMA regarding the 8M Clinical Coverage Policy proposal for CAP-I/DD during the 15 day comment period from July 28 - August 11, 2011. This exert was pulled from it's original source, a public record, and is posted exactly as it appeared save the removal of the submitter's personal contact information and abbreviation of last name.

More on DMA Public Comments. ]

Comment 324

To: Webmedpolicy, Dma; Larry.Brown@ncleg.net; Dalle.fowell@ncleg.net; Earline.Parmon@ncleg.net; Larry.Womble@ncleg.net; The Honorable Linda D. Garrou; Bryan.Holloway@ncleg.net; Don.East@ncleg.net; Julia.Howard@ncleg.net; Andrew.Brock@ncleg.net
Subject: Proposed changes to the CAP IDD Program 8-M-Cap-IDD
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 12:05 PM

These changes seem to target those consumers who have the most needs. I am advocating for my sister,who is 71 years old and I am 75 years old. I am not physically
able to give my sister the demanding personal care she needs, but I feel strongly that she should be able to remain living in her home and continue receiving the personal care services she requires. I encourage you to make provisions for the people like my sister, who has been handicapped since birth. She cannot walk or talk and is incontinent. She is totally dependent on good, conscientious staff to provide her personal care, including cooking for her, feeding her, bathing and dressing her, and keeping her diapers changed.

I strongly encourage you to not allow these drastic cuts to be made to the existing CAP IDD program. If anything, this population requires more services, not less.

Clyde A.
Tobaccoville, NC