24 February 2012

email to NC House of Representatives

February 24, 2012
Sent via email; with attached letter to Governor Perdue and enclosures:


To: Members of the North Carolina House of Representatives

Subject: Letter to NC Governor Perdue re NC HB 916 / 1915(b)(c) NC Medicaid Waivers


Dear Member of the North Carolina House of Representatives,

While I may not be among your direct voting constituents, I am writing to you as concerned North Carolina citizen, disability advocate, and mother of a beautiful, innocent daughter with profound special needs who, along with her family members, will be directly and critically affected by the implementation of the new 1915(b)(c) Medicaid Waiver plan under NC House Bill 916 (now SL 2011-264) if allowed to proceed as intended.

Please find attached, my letter and enclosures to Governor Beverly Eaves Perdue sharing our story and explaining, in more detail, the concerns shared by many families across our state regarding NC HB 916.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read my words as I can think of no more important topic on the State's Health and Human Services agenda. I invite you to please contact me at any time should you have any questions, desire further dialogue, and to meet with me personally.

I respectfully request a written response relaying your position and intentions regarding North Carolina House Bill 916. I would like to be kept abreast of of any developments, actions, investigations, decisions, changes, and the like, relating to North Carolina's restructuring of the 1915(b)(c) Waivers under HB 916, services and supports, and the implementation of those services and supports.

It is my most sincere hope that you will carefully examine and consider this matter, make an effort to communicate with those who will be directly affected, to include not only families but small business service providers and case managers in the field, and most importantly, know and understand the desperate needs of those whose very quality of life lies now in your hands.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention on this vital issue detrimental to so many - the most vulnerable of North Carolina’s citizens and the families who love them.

I look forward to your reply.


Sincere regards,
--
Crystal J. De la Cruz - Hopper
Mother, Disability Advocate, & Concerned NC Citizen
contact information...